The ACCEA has been reformed and its name has now changed to the Advisory Committee on Clinical Impact Awards (ACCIA).
Supporting citations have been removed from the National Clinical Impact Awards process. Applicants can still seek guidance from any membership organisation.
ACCIA have published a News Story on the process for awards scheme applications. New ACCIA process for awards scheme applications - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
The BSGAR Secretary remains the ACCIA Point of Contact for the society. [email protected]
The following information and resource links was received February 2023....
As you will be aware, the 2023 National Clinical Impact Awards will open for applications on 03 March 2023 and the window is currently scheduled to close on 28 April 2023. Please see the below provisional timetable for further information:
• 3 March to 28 April 2023 – applications open
• 29 April to 26 June 2023 – first round scoring
• 27 June to 4 September – N3 scoring
• 27 June to 6 November – governance review
• 5 September to 6 November – NRES scoring
• end November 2023 – main committee finalisation of recommendations
• December 2023 – recommendations to and sign off by ministers
• mid-January 2024 – notifications sent to successful applicants and finance processes initiated to back pay awards
• mid-January to mid-February 2024 – appeals window open
ACCIA has recently published more information on the new role that Member Organisations play in the NCIA process, this can be found here.
• Recordings of our applicant and employer webinar (Q&A to be uploaded in due course)
• Our printable resources (will shortly be updated with information relevant to the 2023 Awards Round)
• Our 2023 guidance for applicants